Should you do a First Look?
To have a first look or not have a first look, that is the question: whether it is better to be traditional and see your partner walked down the aisle or be modern and have an intimate moment before the ceremony.
First looks have become very popular in recent years. Many of my couples have been torn between being traditional or having a first look. I get asked this question a lot so I wanted to give some helpful tips and pros and cons to help you decide.
What is a first look?
It is an intimate moment when the couple sees each other for the first time before the ceremony.
Here are some pros and con to having one:
- You get to spend more time alone together
- It calms your nerves
- You’ll get more photos
- Spend more time with your guests during cocktail hour
- You can get your wedding party or family images out of the way
- Your timeline will be less stressful.
- You don’t have to hide from each other.
- You will get the same reaction from your partner as you walk down the aisle. This is one of couple’s biggest concerns. Oftentimes, your partner will get the same reaction seeing you during
- The only con is it goes against tradition.
No matter what you choose, I am here to celebrate with you and I will capture it beautifully.
Here are some alternatives to having a first look with your significant other:
- Have a first look with a parent
- Get a reaction from your wedding party
- A funny one with your best man or maid of honor