Tips to make your Engagement Session Amazing!
Here are some tips to help make your engagement session amazing! Engagement Sessions are the best and I absolutely love them! It gives us an opportunity to get to know each other, have fun and get you comfortable in front of the camera.
MY TOP TIPS:
- Carry a comfortable pair of shoes. This is truly important if we have to hike to the location and you are wearing anything with heels. Trust me, your feet will thank you and you will feel so much more comfortable.
- Pick your wardrobe wisely. Your wardrobe matters!! I recommend you wear something that you feel good in. If you don’t wear dresses but choose a dress, you might not feel 100% comfortable and it might reflect in the images.
- Have a backup outfit. This comes in handy if you have a beach session and you want to get in the water. You don’t want to be driving home wet. (Also, let me know you are going to bring an extra outfit and I will take my pop up changing tent so you won’t have to change behind a bush).
- Choose a location, you both love. If you love hiking, choose a place that you love or have been wanting to go to. There are so many amazing locations in Southern California so when choosing to decide what background you want to have. That will help to narrow down the exact location.
- Be yourself and don’t overthink it. (This is one of the important ones). Let go of the feeling that you’re awkward. You’re not. Just be present with your partner and act like no one is around. If you are super affectionate, show that. If that doesn’t work, don’t worry I got you. I have a small speaker that will play your favorite music so you’ll be more relaxed. Just an FYI you can also take a shot of your favorite drink.
- Pretend you’re on a date and make it an amazing memory. Let’s go get some ice cream, have a picnic, go for a swim, or let’s go skating.
I hope these tips help make your engagement session amazing. If I am going to photograph your engagement session, I truly cannot wait and will see you soon! If you found this blog and are going to have your session soon, just know you’re going to rock it.
Check out more engagement sessions I’ve photographed to get a feel for my work.